Searching for defects on the new Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dgsdm, Mar 15, 2012.

1. dgsdm macrumors newbie

So with every product launch there always seem to be some issues with manufacturing such as backlight bleeding, dead pixels, yellow screen, etc.

Can someone provide me with a complete checklist of what common defects to look for when I get my new ipad? Also it would help if someone could also explain how I can go about looking for these defects.

I just want to make sure the ipad I receive is in good condition and have no manufacturing defect before I enjoy it ^^ I'm sure other readers might benefit from this as well.

Thank you!

2. madKIR macrumors 6502

OCD is the biggest defect with every product launch

3. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

It seems like you already have a short list of what to check for. If people start bringing up any new issues in droves, you'll know what else to look for, yeah?

4. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Why not just enjoy it instead of being OCD and searching for an issue you'd never notice if you weren't trying hard to find it. if there are any defects besides OCD that will effect you enjoyment they will be obvious without asking on the internet.

6. dgsdm thread starter macrumors newbie

Although it's true I'm a little OCD but no need to be rude right?

I'm moving overseas soon to a country that is not apart of the initial ipad launch and it would just suck for me to realize that there are dead pixels on the corner of my screen right after I get there. I'd rather be safe and scan out any defect before I leave.

----------

Thank you this really helps, exactly what I'm looking for.

7. rkahl macrumors 65816

Don't search for problems, if they are bad they come to you.

8. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

oh god, THIS. People, if you're hell bent on finding defects, believe me, you'll find them. And the harder you look, the more ridiculous and stupid they'll be. Do yourself a favor and enjoy the device. If anything jumps out at you as a defect, investigate and if necessary, swap it. But don't ruin the experience for yourself. I learned this the hard way with my MBP's "yellow" display. All I got was a bunch of heartache and no resolution.

9. dgsdm thread starter macrumors newbie

Makes sense, this is good advice I'll keep it in mind.