Searching for: hi res Gay Pride pictures

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by redeye be, Jun 13, 2007.

1. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

Hello people of MacRumors.

For a school project I'm searching for a (or better yet, some - so I can choose a good one) picture of something like gay pride parade.
    It would be used in a print on A4 or A3 so I would like it to have it at a nice resolution (minimal around 2480x3508). The orientation of the picture doesn't really matter. I'll take 'em vertical and horizontal (no pun intended). The rest of the layout will be built around the picture.

The thing I'm kind of looking for would be one of those stage trucks (not necessary), with some gay people on there. It can focus on just two of them. Leather and stuff is OK and even a must, heck I'll even take a feathered one.

Actually:
    • gay pride style - the slightly more exentric ones
    • preferably male
    • more then 1 subject
    • picture has to have some arty quality

Just in case someone would like to take this as an excuse to dress up in leather or feathers for a photoshoot with their partner:
    The print itself will be presented to my teachers and co-students here in Belgium; It's not like your mother is going to see it; feel free to take it up a notch.

I've searched the stock photo sites, and nothing really suitable came up. Other pictures are to damn small.
    If you have such a picture and would like to share it with me (a student commercial and visual communication) post some thumbs here or PM me for my e-mail address.

As I'm a student it's needless to say the deadline in coming close. I'll have to have them before june 19th.

I know I'm asking quite a lot here, I just figured someone here on MR might just have the picture I've been searching for.

Cheers

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

3. hell diguner macrumors newbie

4. jeffzoom91 macrumors regular

jeffzoom91

I was going to ask why...but I re-read the post and saw "school" and
    "gay" followed by "pride". So I am just going to say. W......T......F?

5. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

i'd get in touch with some gay interest magazines or organizations. when i had to do a project on same-sex marriage, i contacted the west hollywood city hall and the staff were more than helpful. not only they help me to arrange interviews with city officials and registered domestic partners, they also gave me some awesome visual aides - i.e. a real domestic partnership certificate with an official seal. my prof was more than impressed with the material and my presentation, and i had a kick-ass time when i was doing the whole thing.

6. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

While this year's Montreal Gay Pride has been cancelled (political infighting which I realy don't follow), the 2005 Divers-Cite Gay Pride Parade was huge.
    Tons of realy good photos for you at http://www.digitalapoptosis.com/divers_cite/

7. wongulous macrumors 6502a

I'd suggest searching for personal galleries of pride events. Try "pride san fran 06" or "pride dublin" or "pride 2007 gallery," google queries like that. Find a web gallery someone has put up.

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

What class is this for? And is this high school or college? I'll be on a float here in Chicago next weekend. I'll try to get some good ones.

9. redeye be thread starter macrumors 65816

redeye be

Yep, tried it ... nothing really suitable (the resolution is nice for screen, but not for print).
    Interesting idea. I know a guy who knows a guy who works for a gay interest magazine. I'll contact him tomorrow.
    Great tip.

Some good ones, but the resolution is not quite what I'm looking for.

Might try that approach indeed. Some simpler google queries didn't really return anything useful. This might.

I'm not really familiar with the american education system, but here we call it high school (probably college for you guys). It's like university, but with less books :).
    I'm currently in my second year of a three year bachelor program in advertising. We have 2 "ateliers", kind of hard to explain, but for each atelier we get about 5 assignments/year.
    As a little extra, we have to make some top topicals, which are ads which cover something of a current event (and gets you a discount if one would publish it in a newspaper). This one is one of those.
    Next weekend might be to late for me, as my deadline (aarg deadline) is wednesday june 20. But thanks though.

Thanks for the tips people!

And, if you do have a picture lying around, feel free to send it over :D.

Cheers

10. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I had the same questions.

Wish I could be there. alas I was in Chicago for Memorial Day weekend. Meant to drop you a line. But was on a whirlwind trip. After my second trip to your town, I may relocate there next year. Just need a couple of trips this winter to be sure of the change in latitude. The change in attitude is very much needed.

Chip

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh that's OK. We were shooting a film over that weekend anyway. There's no way I could have taken a break. PlaceofDis and I were wondering about you though! Good to hear you're still around!

12. redeye be thread starter macrumors 65816

redeye be

Well, I used some picture of a rollerblading elf or something I found on google :).
    Thanks for reading though.