Searching for the perfect app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by 990CPA, Feb 27, 2012.

1. 990CPA macrumors newbie

I'm new to the forums, so take it easy on me.

I can nearly always find what I need with the right query sent to Google, but on this one I'm stumped. I'm looking for an iPhone app (iPod Touch, actually, if you want to be precise) that will allow me to create a simple list of rows and columns. An example of what I want to do is have something like the attached screenshot. I don't need to make any calculations. I don't even need any special formats, such as MM/DD/YY for dates.

I have Googled for columns, rows, table, chart, and on and on but nothing is what I'm looking for.

Spreadsheet apps almost work (I paid $3.99 for Sheet2, which is fine). The big problem is that I have to import and export from/to Dropbox (DB), instead of just opening the file in DB, editing it in DB, and closing it again (to save it in the same spot in DB). Besides, the fact that it's overkill.

Can anyone help me? This is central to my daily work and it's driving me nuts!

Attached Files:

2. 990CPA thread starter macrumors newbie

If you want something done right...

you Google it yourself.

So, here's my solution for the 749 of you who viewed the original post but were obviously as stumped as I was.

I bought the app "Nebulous" for $3.99 + sales tax. It is a notes app, which is not exactly what I wanted, BUT it has a button to "insert tab" which effectively creates columns, though without the comforting outline to show the borders of each "cell" (or "box" for you non-spreadsheet lovers).

I would still like to see an app made like what I originally described, and if I was in a better financial position, I would even go so far as to commission the composition of such an app, so long as it was named after me. Ah, well, perhaps one of these days...

3. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

What about numbers does that do "Spreadsheets" on iOS?

4. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

iSpreadsheet is a simple spreadsheet program that lets you create and edit columns of data on the iPod touch

5. thomaswoodlick macrumors newbie

iphone app

You type in Google the name of the app which you want. First you have to search the actual name of the app and then search for the app. Download this app from app store or itunes. For example type the keyword The Fat Finger its an app which offer text to speech program. :apple: