Searching: iPad Folio Case with MiFi card slot

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Lenow, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Lenow macrumors regular

I have searched all the products in this forum and I have yet to find a folio type case (not a bag or travel case) that is sleek and slim like the Apple Folio or the InCase Convertible that also has a place to hold a MiFi card. To me, this type of Folio is needed by all of us who use the IPad with our MiFi card. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them. The one case that works is the Belkin See Through, but it is a neoprene sleeve, not a folio case. I am looking for the case that will also be a stand and one where I can leave my MiFi card securely.

I am waiting for the Sena Company to get back to me if their new Folio case (due in May) will hold it in the ID pouch.

2. jedolley macrumors 68000

Does you folio requirement also include that the case be able to be used as a stand? If not, then the Griffin Elan Passport may work and is available now http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/elan-passport-ipad#. I believe there is at least one user on this forums that has it and may be able to give a better idea if the mifi will fit in the pockets.

3. Lenow thread starter macrumors regular

Griffin Pockets Are NOt Big Enough for MiFI

Thanks, but already have confirmed with Griffin that their pockets are not suited for a MiFi. I would love to hear from anyone who has found a solution. I confirmed with Sena today that their new folio due in May will not handle the MiFi either.

4. gadgetfreaky1 macrumors newbie

5. Lenow thread starter macrumors regular

Still, no Folio or folding Case with Pocket for MiFI Card

Thanks for the replies, but I am looking for a folio case like the Apple case or the InCase Convertable, but that has a dedicated space or pocket for a MiFi card. I like the light and slim fit of the books or folios and not the sleeves. Just my particular interest. I can't imagine others who have the ipad with theMiFI aren't looking for the same thing. All of the books or folios just allow for credit cards or some papers, but not a space for the MiFi card. You have to move into the travel cases to get room for the MiFi card and then you lose the compact and form fitting advantage of the Apple or Incase or Griffin or any of the other cases that serve as stands also. How hard can it be to add a little pocket on the front for a Mifi card?

6. jedolley macrumors 68000

I don't think there will be many options with the specifics you are looking for. This isn't quite a folio case, but it folds completely back to be held like a book and has a compartment that will fit a mifi. http://www.medgestore.com/products/ipad-latitude.psp

I don't know how important the "stand" feature is to you, but if you are looking for a case that you can use while the iPad is in it and can hold the mifi, then this might be an option for you. It it isn't available yet, but I imagine it will be soon.

7. diotav macrumors 6502

8. Nuttyphilt macrumors newbie

9. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Maybe have someone sow a pouch for it using the apple case.

10. Lenow thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the Sprint Lead

Well, so it is an easy thing to do. Thanks for the lead. Maybe I can show pictures to other manufacturers who make folio cases. That is what I am looking for. A nice, slim, Folio like Apple's, or Simplistic, or Marware or Macally or Incase, that has exactly the slot that the Sprint Case has for the Mifi.

11. sandydlc macrumors regular

Nice, but can you buy it separately?

Just checked the link but it only appears to be available as a gift with purchase for new overdrive owners. What about those who already have an overdrive?

I wonder if the iPad with apple stand would fit in this case?

12. Johnnyg777 macrumors newbie

13. WallToWall macrumors newbie

Hey @Lenow - any luck with the folio for iPad plus MiFi card? I've been looking for the same thing with no luck. Any leads would be greatly appreciated! (or maybe we should develop the product ourselves!)

14. prot0type macrumors regular

You might want to look into the Booq case by Boa. It has a pocket stitched onto the cover which was originally marketed as to hold your iPhone, however I felt it would do a better job storing your mifi. Unfortunately, I didn't keep the case for too long as it didn't meet my personal expectations, definitely YMMV.

Otherwise, I would just go with a netbook sleeve that has an accessory pocket. There are quite a few to choose from out there.

15. ldv macrumors newbie

Case with mifi slot

Hi, new to the forum.

SENA has a case that has a slot specially made for the mifi card...I have the mifi with on/off button on top, and it has a cut/out just for that spot.

16. str8bucs macrumors regular

You got a link for this?

I did not see it on their site.

Thanks

17. Lenow thread starter macrumors regular

MiFi Card Slot Please

I don't see the Sena case either and they tell me by phone they don't have such a case. I ended up buying the Waterfield case that hold the iPad with a folio case and use the plastic hard case that Verizon sells with the Mifi card and carbiner to attach to the loop on the Waterfeld case. I have a Vaja Agenda 2 and it slips nicely into the Waterfeld case.

That said, I would still like a folio case with an integrated MiFi slot if anyone finds it.

18. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

I've got a Novatel 4G MiFi and an iPad 2. Anybody find a decent folio for the pair yet? Not looking for a sleeve. Thanks!

19. billinaz macrumors 6502

billinaz