Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
I noticed, if I have a lot of messages from my girlfriend for example, you only see maybe 20-30 messages and the rest get hidden, and only show if you go to the top and click "load earlier messages".

My problem is, when using the search on the first messages page, it only seems to search through the first 20-30 messages, and not the entire history or messages

Also, I swear I remember the SMS search bringing up multiple instances of a word, not it just shows the most recent occurrence of that word

Is this intended or fixable?

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I noticed, if I have a lot of messages from my girlfriend for example, you only see maybe 20-30 messages and the rest get hidden, and only show if you go to the top and click "load earlier messages".

My problem is, when using the search on the first messages page, it only seems to search through the first 20-30 messages, and not the entire history or messages

Also, I swear I remember the SMS search bringing up multiple instances of a word, not it just shows the most recent occurrence of that word

Is this intended or fixable?

While I'm no expert, I believe it's intended and not so much a "problem" that is fixable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.