Searching within a page with Safari iOS 8

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by macrem, Oct 6, 2014.

1. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Before iOS 8 I could easily search and find multiple occurrences of a search term within a page.

With iOS 8, I enter search term (just like iOS 7) & iOS 8 will tell you how many occurrences are on the page and take you to the first, highlighted occurrence (also like iOS 7) but then on iOS 8 I don't see how to find the other occurences. Has anyone else experienced this issue / found a solution?

----------

Oops, the other occurences are visible with arrows at the bottom of the page... Sorry for dumb question!

2. macrem thread starter macrumors 65816

macrem

Btw, I realized sometimes the arrows to find the next occurence are missing even though there are more occurrences, which explains why earlier I reported the issue but then indicated that I found it, but it's not always there to find.

3. YodasMaster macrumors member

I've found that if you rotate the phone into the vertical position the arrows then appear to go to the next word. I've found no way to do it in the horizontal position.

4. gottafly macrumors regular

I have not been able to find the "search within safari" feature since upgrading to iOS8.

Can you tell me where it is, how to access?

5. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

I don't think it's changed. Tap on the address bar, then type the word(s) you want to search for. A list of suggested places to look pops up. At the bottom you will see the heading "On this page".

6. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

this is correct