Season Pass and other available iTunes content on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Peter Harrison, May 13, 2010.

1. Peter Harrison macrumors 6502a

Peter Harrison

How does the iPad handle a Season Pass or a preordered movie release from the iTunes Store? If there's a way to download the latest available episode on a Season Pass using the iPhone, I haven't found it. So I use iTunes on the Mac, and it automatically downloads any new episodes that are waiting. Then I sync to the iPhone.

Is it the same process for the iPad, or is there a way to check for available downloads within the store app on the iPad without using the Mac? I ask because I plan on being away for a while with just the iPad, and it would be nice to download any new episodes that are released while I'm away.

Thanks.

2. Verschoren macrumors regular

Verschoren

I contacted Apple about it, I'll let you know when I get a response

I'm having the same problem on my iphone, ended up buying items twice accidentally..

3. Peter Harrison thread starter macrumors 6502a

Peter Harrison

Thanks, I appreciate it.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I wasn't able to download mine. Unfortunately the iPad is not designed to be a standalone device. You will need an iTunes computer to do many things. This looks to be one of them... :(

5. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I found the whole season pass thing to be a pain in the butt, but it may be that I'm doing something wrong. In my case I've purchased Season 2 of The Walking Dead, which is already complete. My iPad wants to download the whole season and I just want to bring down and episode or two at a time. I wish there was a way for it to stay "in the cloud" until I needed it.

There is no way to fit a full season on my 32GB iPad. That, and it just doesn't make sense. Heck, I don't even want the full season sitting on my home computer in itunes!

Anyone have better luck with TV show download management?

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Wow. A 2 year old thread back from the dead!

7. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Considering my season pass was to The Walking Dead...

Seriously though, this thread may be old but the problem still exists!