Season pass Question

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by From A Buick 8, May 18, 2011.

1. From A Buick 8, May 18, 2011
    Last edited: May 18, 2011

From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I have done some searching but was not able to find the information i wanted. I have three questions.

If i purchase a season pass, do i then own those shows and they will always be available in my iTunes library.

Can i watch them on any of my iOS devises, what i am looking for here is can i load them onto my iPad or iphone and take them with me on a trip, or is it just a home sharing type of use.

For those of you that are using season pass, how do you like it. I am looking to season pass a few of the Food network and TLC shows.

2. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Yes, they download to your iTunes account, typically within 24 hours of airing. You can transfer them to any of your iOS devices, authorized computers, or stream them to the AppleTV.

A few years ago I did away with cable and buy season passes for the shows that I want to watch. I have seen an annual savings by doing this versus my cable bill, even more so when you factor in that I no longer have to buy season sets on DVD or Bluray.

I'm sure someone will chime in with the "you don't really own it, your buying a license to view it... what if Apple goes away... DRM is evil" argument, but honestly I've never been impacted by any of these limitations and couldn't be happier.

3. From A Buick 8 thread starter macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

thank you NightStorm, we also cancled cable and have been using EyeTV to record the OTA programs we want, and Netflix to fill in some gaps.

Just did not have a good way to get the few cable shows that are not on netflix. Cool this will make the wife very happy.