Seasonal songs

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Howard Brazee, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Howard Brazee macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

What do people do with large playlists such as "Christmas", which don't need to be taking up iPod space for most of the year?

But when Christmas comes, they need to remove another playlist to make room?

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I don't really see what you are saying... playlists don't take up space, they are just links to songs in your library. What I mean is that if you have a song in your library and in your playlist, it doesn't take up twice as much space. I just leave the playlist :confused:

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I think he means he doesn't want to upload the songs on that Playlist to his iPod.

You'll have to manually select and de-select the songs you want to sync to your iPod. I've considered this myself, as I'm closing in on maxing out the 30g iPod I have. You can also manually sync your iPod. That change you make under iTunes preferences when you have your iPod attached to your computer.

If I confuse you too much, search the help function in iTunes. :D Good luck!

4. Howard Brazee thread starter macrumors 6502

Howard Brazee

I'd like to simply check a Christmas playlist and all of the songs stay off the iPod until I check it again next Christmas. Or maybe drag the playlist off and on. Of course, I have to clear up room for it by having a "summer" playlist that I don't want on my iPod around Christmas.

The ways I know of doing this are not easy - not what you would expect from Apple.