Seccuranty Iphone Insurance - Anyone Heard of Them?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jaw4527, Oct 10, 2011.

1. jaw4527 macrumors newbie

Anyone ever heard of these guys? They have a 2-year warranty/insurance for $99 which includes loss and theft with a $50 ADH deductible. Seems like a good deal since its the same price as squaretrade but offers loss and theft protection.

http://www.securranty.com/iphone-warranty.html

Curious to hear if anyone has any experiences with them

2. dlm1113 macrumors newbie

I have heard of them. They seem to have the best rates for the new iPhone but I am trying to get some reviews from people who has had this warranty service. :confused:

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Domain was registered Apr 22, 2011. So while that wasn't yesterday, I'd probably want to see more of a track record before sending them any money. Just skeptical I guess.

4. dlm1113 macrumors newbie

Uhhh, you may be right. I think I will wait on it. Thanks for the info.

5. dlm1113, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011

dlm1113 macrumors newbie

Seccuranty Iphone Insurance - Anyone Heard of Them?

Actually, I told a coworker about this insurance and he called and talked to them. He said that they are doing a promotion beginning on 10/14 for the iphone 4s. For anyone who gets their service they will send you 2 movie tix via fandango and a $50 gift certificate/card to a restaurant in your area. The catch is that you have to go on their facebook page and press the LIKE button.

He told them that he could not find any reviews for the company and he said that they started in Canada. So maybe if you go on facebook we will find something more on them.

My coworker decided to give them a try and will be calling them as soon as his IP4S is delivered. He also plans on putting 2 others in his family on it. So he will be testing the service out but he said it seems pretty good.

2 year protection for $99 which includes theft/loss with 3/claims per year. $50 deductible.

http://www.facebook.com/secretariat#!/Securranty

6. Manzanas macrumors member

Bump because I'm interested in this topic. I'm looking into this company for my insurance. Any reviews? Thoughts?

7. vajeff macrumors member

Here is a thread on them over in the SprintUsers Forum.

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224760

They have temporarily dropped theft/loss, but will have it back in a week or two from the sounds of it. Working out a new plan with their underwriters.

8. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I use insureappleiphone.com. They have a facebook page also, and found decent reviews about them.
    Also checkout gocare. I used them for my last phone.