I have a MBA B, which I am quite pleased with. However, I need to take it in to apple as the screen hinge is developing play. I hate to lose use of my computer for 2 weeks or so, and I need another one perhaps anyway... So - given I am going to graduate school, I was going to get a 24" monitor to use with the MBA. Therefore, I wonder whether I should get a mini or a backup MBP. I don't do video editing, etc. (except for limited iMovie). I don't watch movies on the computer either - unless I had the mini for playing back stuff. I was thinking of getting a mini to use as a htpc, along with my appletv, provided I could use the mini as an easy pvr. I just hope that the mini would provide an easy enough tuner experience to replace cable and save money using off the air HD. the mini would allow me to have a computer while the mba is off getting fixed. Or, I could get a mpb for a second computer, perhaps leaving it plugged in to the 24" monitor at the house, and have a spare in case something goes wrong with the mba. Disadvantage is I doubt I want to carry the mbp around much - I had the prior generation 15" and it is a big machine. I also worry about keeping two machines synced all the time so I dont have the wrong version of files. Synching calendars and emails is no problem as I am on an exchange server. I would get the 13" I guess, though I could get the 15". I am NOT a fan of the glassy screen. I love the MBA and at school we have power outlets at every seat so no problem there with short battery life. I know this is scattered, but I only want to get one additional computer. If the MBA didn't need to go back to Apple I wouldn't buy either right now but I guess this is an opportunity. I love the MBA and wait for the next release to cure its few faults and up the SSD and go to 4gb memory too. Any thoughts?