Second Display for 20" Aluminum iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rdbarnes, Nov 13, 2007.

1. rdbarnes macrumors newbie

I am going to add a second LCD to my 20" aluminum iMac and of course my first choice is to get a 20" cinema display. However, from what I can tell the actual screen on the cinema display is a couple inches lower than that on the iMac. Anyone have a photo of a setup with an 20" aluminum iMac next to a 20" cinema display?

Is it better to prop up the cinema display somehow so the screens line up, or should I go with another display that is height adjustable? I know other 20" LCDs are cheaper, but I'm primarily concern with getting a good looking setup and having the screens the same size and aligned with one another.

2. lasuther macrumors 6502a

I recommend getting a 23" Monitor. While the screen size isn't exactly the same, the height of both are about right.

The height of the 20" iMac is 46.9cm while the 23" Cinema Display is 45.0cm. You might even try putting 1.9cm shim at the bottom of the Cinema Display to make them exactly the same height, but I don't think that would look too good. The 23" monitor is only 5.1cm wider, so that shouldn't be so bad. Height is probably the more important dimension.

The best way to check it out would be to go to a Apple store and put them side by side.