second email account not receiving emails...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by justie, Jul 8, 2011.

1. justie macrumors newbie

I have seen the posts about email set up and multiple accounts, and can set up multiple accounts, its just that the second account will not receive email....?

Both accounts are from the same provider and only the 'parent' account is receiving emails ... is this the problem (even though the secondary account still receives emails on the old outlook set up) - Is there a way to resolve this - I don't want to turn on the old pc just to check emails.....

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Check your network settings. This question pops up a lot and it's almost always a user error when configuring the account.

3. justie, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011

justie thread starter macrumors newbie

Network settings (in preferences? yes?) all seems ok ... it is set up the same way as the parent account except that it is a different address - That annoying (!) triangle keeps coming next to the second inbox and asking me to take the account online - Then it says to check that it is verified.... grrrr ... it is verified!

Are you able to point me to other threads on this ... I may find the answer there?

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Is it an IMAP account? If so, try deleting it and re-adding it as new.