Second Hand Or Refurb Mac Pro UK

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Macman45, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

So, with the fiasco about 'elf and safety here in the UK, what IS the legal definition as far as sales go?

Are Apple allowed to sell refurbs? ( they are not new so seems fair )

SrcumpyMacs are selling them with the warranty, so I'm guesing that just new Pro's are off the menu?

I ask all this as my fiancee is selling our Windows based gaming / server rig for a MP. We've found a few good deals, and I know Scrumpy have a good reputation, just wondered if anyone in the UK had seen a refurb on the Apple store site....None there now, and the option is greyed out.

2. grame macrumors member

They disappeared from the reburb store some time ago. Scrumpy's seem good but a bit pricey. Your best bet is to find a used 4.1 or 5.1 machine and upgrade yourself.

3. costabunny macrumors 68020

costabunny

I agree that scumpy are a bit more than you could perhaps bag an ebay one for but (and these are the reasons I am saving for one of theirs):

• They will sell you whatever spec you want (eg. I am going for a 3.2Ghz Quad 5.1 with 12GB Ram and no keyboard or mouse)
    • They refurb and fully test them
    • They give a 1 year warranty

That's enough of a reason for me to be honest. I suppose it matters what budget/spec requirements you have.