second hand xbox 360, and live

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by beige matchbox, Jul 30, 2007.

1. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

Thinking about picking up a 360 in the not to distant future and i've been looking at the second hand machines,

The only thing i'm not too sure about is if an xbox thats been used on live can it then be used by me to make a new account and play on that?

Also, any idea about the warranty? Would i need the original receipt?

2. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

You should be able to create a new account, just erase the old one.
    I'm not sure about the warranty question, but i would assume so long as the serial number and manufacture date are in tact, the warranty through microsoft would stand.
    But be wary of used 360s, launch machines were pretty unreliable, even by 360 standards :eek:

3. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

You can play on Live. My 360 is second-hand and I can verify Live works.

4. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Creating new Live accounts should be no problem, assuming the console hasn't been banned from Live (from either having a mod chip or the previous owner being caught cheating).

I'm not sure what (if anything) is/can be done if the system is bought used yet it was banned previously. Maybe they can release the ban or something? That's the only apprehension I'd have in buying a used 360.

If I were you, I'd either buy a new one August 8 or beyond (which is the rumored $50 price drop on all 360 systems - Core, Premium and Elite), or wait 'til the 65nm 'Falcon' systems come out in a few months. You've waited this long, right? ;)

5. beige matchbox thread starter macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

oo, i see, i was hoping it would be nice and simple, but with microsoft i find it best to make sure :rolleyes:

And it's not so much i've waited to buy a 360, as i haven't, only recently have games started appearing and appeal to me, and a good friend of mine just got one a couple of days ago so multiplayer would be great :cool:

I could probably wait a week, but it would need to drop by at least £50, not $50 to get me interested in buying new

6. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

That's what happened in my case when I bought one last November, 1 week before the Wii launch (with the money I had set aside for the Wii). :D

Gears came out...I had to have it. ;)

360 has a lot of great games, especially if you're into shooters (I am). Several great racing games have come out recently as well, and you can't beat the features of Xbox Live. :)