Second iPad purchase with no screen issues

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Drag'nGT, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

This is a pro iPad thread about screen issues.

I have a launch day iPad (3rd gen) with no screen issues. The lower right corner in portrait mode is the only place I can notice the back light being brighter and that's only in the pitch black of my bathroom. In real life though... nothing you could see or care about.

So two days ago I sold my grandmothers iPad and she wanted the new one. I've read all the screen issue threads here and had an idea what to look for. I got her a white 16gb wifi. Took it out of the box at the store and looked for light leak around the edges and it was fine. Got home and got the black, white, red, blue and green images and looked at them on her screen to give it the once over.

Guess what! It was fine! No dead pixels jumped out at me, I didn't break out my jewelers loop to really check all 3 million. The back light is even all around with the exception of the lower right corner being ever so slightly brighter but nothing crazy.

So if you're looking for a new iPad, rest assured that more of them are as perfect as you could want. Go get one and start enjoying it.

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

Yeah i'm with you as well. My iPad 3 screen is flawless at least to me. I'm not overly concerned about light bleed because I have other devices that have it and it doesn't bother me.

My iPad 3 screen has no noticeable light bleed in low light setting where it would be apparent. Also as for the yellow tint that's been bandied about as a problem. Well I just ordered an received a refurbed iPad 2 from Apple and guess what? Both screens look identical wrt color/tint/brightness.

3. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

My iPad 3 screen is also perfect. Great color and no light bleed. After reading posts here, I was almost afraid to look at it when I took it out of the box for the first time.

My iPad 2 had light bleed in the lower right corner, so I was very relieved when I saw the beautiful even lighting on my iPad 3 screen.