Second iPhone 3G... persisting problem... advice needed!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ashfranklin, Jul 25, 2008.

1. ashfranklin macrumors newbie

Right... sometimes the iPhone (3G, 8 gig) will not alert me to a message or phone call by tone but will still vibrate. If I turn the phone on and off again, it starts to work but the problem arises once again later. All the settings are correct, restores done etc...

Is anyone else having this problem? This is my second iPhone 3G; the first was exchanged due to the same problem. I find it hard to believe I have picked up two phones with the same issue or could it be a software error as my brother has also experienced the same issue but with the message alert only?

Any advice/insight/information would be appreciated.

Cheers.

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

It's a common software bug. Should be fixed in the next update.

I actually haven't experienced this problem at all with my phone. :confused:

3. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

I also do not get calendar alerts. I usually set an alert for 2 days or 1 day before an event, and I get no notifications at all. I think this may have something to do with it.

4. ashfranklin thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers for the swift reply mate. I thought it might be but scoured these forums and old Google but didn't find anyone with the same problem. I'll hold out for a software update then. Anyone know when one is due?

5. Ryhian macrumors member

Most likely within the next few weeks to a month.

6. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

It's already in beta, so sometime soon I think. 2 weeks or so is my guess.