second iPhone 6 for work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by raggdoll, Dec 5, 2014.

1. raggdoll macrumors regular

I already have a 6+ which I've been using for both work and personal. I've now been given a 6 to use at work, with a new number.

What would be the best way to set it up? I need to get my work email and contacts over to the new phone, but none of my other email accounts, photos, music etc.

I can't seem to figure out how to do that. And should I set up a separate iTunes account and Apple user ID?

2. raggdoll thread starter macrumors regular

3. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Assuming you want to set/keep them as separate devices - set up a different iTunes account and that will allow you to not share stuff over a work phone and personal phone.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I am assuming that you have the same account, be it Apple or Google or what have you for all contacts currently? If so, what I would do is just set up a sepparate work account (I prefer Google for a few reasons) and go from there.

5. Omurices macrumors newbie

Omurices

Our work place IT Policy stated that users have to create the work only ID for Apple, Blackberry, Andrioid, or WM devices, due to the MDM. I would suggest pay a visit to see the IT personnel at your work.

6. cuongnq macrumors member

7. raggdoll thread starter macrumors regular

No I haven't, I was going to try setting up a second apple id first?