Second laptop for portability

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Samtb, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Samtb macrumors 65816

I currently have an iPad and a 17 inch laptop. I use both but the 17 inch laptop isn't portable so use it at home. If I get a 13 inch rmbp or 12 inch rmb is the 17 inch laptop likely to become obsolete?

2. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

If you want an iPad with a keyboard that's very portable get the MacBook. IMO though, the MBPr 13" is a winner. Portability plus power all in one.

3. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Agree with this. I have the late-2013 13" rMBP, and it's perfect for portability. I use it for college, so portability with power is definitely important. It's so lightweight that I hardly notice it in my backpack on the days I have to carry fewer books. The difference between the rMBP and my old-mid-09 13" is amazing! But it's also a usable laptop that can do everything I throw at it whether it be a marathon study session or a winter break Netflix marathon.

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

No. The 17 inch laptop will have the same functionality it had before you bought the newer laptop. It will not suddenly become obsolete.

5. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

If you get a compromise machine then quite likely your use will shift, for travel I have an 11" MBA...or get a keyboard for the iPad...?