second life (macbook late 2007)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by save5now, Dec 31, 2007.

1. save5now macrumors newbie

quick question. i have a new macbook 2.2 (late 2007). its my first mac, and i understand that its not a "gaming" computer, however, i do not understand why second life runs so poorly on it. i fixed the one bug the crashes the game after about 1 minute of play, but overall the quality is terrible even with the graphics set on low.

any suggestions, or is that just how it is?

2. airjuggernaut macrumors 6502a

hmm the X3100 falls into the Requirements for Second Life.
    I think this is just a Driver issue.
    The current drivers for the x3100 suck, and its going to be like that until :apple: decides to fix them.

3. Superperson macrumors newbie

How do I fix the one-minute crash bug? Because I'm having it too on my SR BlackBook.

4. save5now thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Bluefusion macrumors 6502

Bluefusion

From what I've seen, Second Life runs like crap on everything--Mac, PC, high-end laptop to low-end laptop. Have you ever used it on another machine, or is it your first time trying it? I've yet to understand why anyone allowed such a horrifically-written game to become so popular.

6. LessThanNickel macrumors newbie

I agree. I've been running Second Life for a year now, and I have to say that it is one of the worst apps ... every "upgrade" seems like a downgrade ... what baffles me is that Second Life is a cash cow: where is the money going? Certainly not in the application ... there should be NO problems. I also play WoW, and there are few problems (performance-wise). The lag in Second Life is so bad sometimes that I just log out in frustration. So why do I continue to visit? In the past year I have made so many friends ...

7. cworsley4 macrumors member

hey i suggest seeing if there is a update download avaliable. go to the home page and have a look around. hope this helps i had to do the same thing for Call of Duty 2.
    One more thought is that there might be a download for the intel macs i am not sure if it was initially built for power pc :apple: