Second Menu Bar / Multiple Monitor App

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Incarna, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Incarna, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012

Incarna macrumors newbie

[​IMG]
    ==================================

So I went from W7 (which had a multitude of great apps for dealing with more than one monitor like Ultramon) to an OS X Lion Mac Pro & Macbook Pro. I loved using my Macs infinitely more but they apparently didn't work too well out of the box with a multiple monitor setup.

Here's my attempt at dealing with the multiple monitor problem: Multimon. (<- Click to view in App Store)

Features:

Multiple Menu Bars
    ⁃ Should work for any number of monitors, the max I was able to test up to was 3 though.
    (People with 9 monitor setups, please let me know ;)).

Advanced Window Management
    ⁃ You're more productive with another monitor but nobody wants to drag windows left and right.
    Easily send a window to any of your monitors via a drop down or a hotkey. Maximize or minimize too!

• Automatic Window Resizing
    ⁃ A lot of us don't have the luxury of matching dual cinema displays :p. This'll automatically resize windows that are too large onto smaller monitors.

• Hotkeys
    ⁃ Pretty customizable hotkeys for a bunch of the features listed above as well as quickly hiding all menu bars, etc.

So yup, that's it.

You can tweet me for Multimon support / feedback at @delveapps.
    Tweet my personal twitter about apps / design / apple / anything at @aaronykng :).

Hope you guys find it useful. Look forward to hearing what you guys think.

2. LaWally macrumors 6502a

3. M0esmac macrumors 6502a

M0esmac

I saw this app (or other one, with the same function) somewhere for free and legal few weeks ago.

4. BanterClaus macrumors regular

BanterClaus

This looks really awesome. This functionality should have been in OSX already in my opinion.

Would it be possible to have a dock per monitor? I know there isn't a massive amount of functionality in doing this but it's more for the aesthetics.

5. Incarna thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha, you're definitely not the first person to ask for this. I've been looking into it but can't really give a definitive answer on multiple docks just yet.

It's a bit more complicated than adding a second menu bar, but it's definitely something I've been keeping in mind for a future update.

Thanks for the feedback!

6. pkamb macrumors newbie

Very cool. Do you see yourself having any issues with the Mac App Store sandboxing rules that just went into effect?

As a fellow developer of utility apps it has me worried, but I still haven't heard exactly what is allowed with regards to the Accessibility API, resizing other apps' windows, etc.