Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willie45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Hi folks

After taking advice here and there, I have decided to go for a dual monitor set up on my late 2006 iMac 24inch. I want to use the Eizo S2242W monitor which is a 22inch widescreen model with a resolution of 1920x1200.

I will use this for photoshop work and I want the set up to allow me to use my internal iMac screen to display photoshop controls and the picture I am editing to appear on the properly calibrated Eizo. I believe this is called extended mode or some such.

I need to know if this is possible with the mac I own and if there are any additional connections I will need to buy to make it work. The screen has a DV input and I believe my mac has a mini dv output but I'm not sure what this means for me.

Anyway folks please excuse my ignorance :eek: and thanks for your time and help :)

Willie

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Just purchase the MiniDVI to DVI adapter from Apple or Monoprice.com, and that will get you connected. Everything should work without a hitch.

TEG

PurrBall

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2007
Indianapolis
If the display you're buying has a DVI port, then buy a Mini-DVI to DVI adapter. If the display only uses VGA, then buy a Mini-DVI to VGA adapter.

willie45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Thank you both kindly for your help. Posted at exactly the same time I notice.

I assume the resolution and size will be easilly supported by the imac and that I can use the extended desktop mode without issues?

Thanks again

Wilie

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.