Second monitor support gone to hell in 10.9.3

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Lucianrider, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Lucianrider macrumors member

I did the update as soon as it came out and ever since my HP w2207 monitor will not come back to life after the mid 2011 21.5" i7 iMac wakes up.

I have to go to system preferences, display and then click on arrangement and check the mirror box to make OSX see the display. I then uncheck the box and close the windows. I have to do this every time the screen goes to sleep.

I know this is an update problem because people are reporting the same problem over on the apple.com forums. In my case everything was working perfectly until immediately after upgrading...

Is anyone having a similar problem and any easy work arounds??

2. Lucianrider thread starter macrumors member

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

There are some specific issues with some display configs on the New Mac Pro with 10.9.3 but that would not affect your iMac.

Your display supports both VGA and DVI; I'm guessing you're using the VGA port? It seems that some (typically non-Apple) mDP>VGA adapters don't work properly under 10.9.3 or don't allow resolutions that the monitor can support. Switch to a mDP>DVI adapter and DVI cable, or what I used was an all-in-one cable.

4. Lucianrider thread starter macrumors member

The mini display port to DVI is exactly what I am using, have been ever since I got my 2011 iMac and it was working perfectly in 10.9.2. Upgraded to 10.9.3 and now the monitor won't wake up unless I force it to...

Its very annoying and was also a problem prior to 10.9.2 where it would sometimes wake up and other times not...