Second Order, Same Line, $199??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by og1, Jul 3, 2010.

1. og1 macrumors regular

Ok so before anyone comes in here and calls me a thief, dishonest or otherwise, please read the whole story.

6/15/2010 07:01 AM PST I placed a preorder thru At&t Premier since Apple was down. 30 minutes later get a cancellation email. Called in to Premier they said "Oops, we screwed up place another" so I did on 06/15/2010 around 10:00AM.

6/16/2010 6:00PM I get a second cancellation email from At&t. Ugh. I said F it and ordered one from Apple since their site was back up, albeit showed July 14 ship date.

6/17/2010 I called Premier and they said again it was a mistake and that my original order was fine blah blah. I refused to believe them so I left the Apple order intact.

6/29/2010 lo and behold a phone shipped from At&t, got the phone same day.

In all my excitement over getting the phone I forgot about the Apple order, which is now prepared for shipment and cannot be cancelled. Apple and At&t charged me $199 each.

IF this Apple order actually ships, will it be mine for $199, or can they somehow charge me more after the fact? I already paid for it, albeit at the upgrade price.

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

3. og1 thread starter macrumors regular

I already activated the one I got this week. What if this second one is activated on a different line?

4. Cottonsworth macrumors regular

Apple doesn't charge until the item ships, I think you might have just ran into a system glitch and might get lucky and get the second phone for $199.

5. atomicbatteries macrumors 6502

It will not ship. There are actually two activation confirmations your order will gp thru. The first to place the order into Apples system and one before it ships. If you have an iPhone activated on that line it will not process the shipment. It hangs until the account is resolved, no other iPhone, or whatever the hangup is, and then shipped or it is eventually cancelled.

You won't get it, trust me they thought of this already!

6. og1 thread starter macrumors regular

im totally OK with this. im not trying to cheat anyone here. thanks for the info