Second replacement, even worth trying for better reception?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ferris23, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Quick and dirty. Reception problems, happens in low signal areas for me (my house), hardly happens in good signal areas (work).

Called on day one, Apple was to overnight me a phone. They screwed up and didn't ship it overnight, I bitched, they sent me to the store for a replacement. Replacement does the same thing but I still have the phone they sent coming today. Would you say it's even worth trying the phone out?

I suppose it's a quick pop of the SIM and test. Just not even sure if it's worth it as I tend to believe this is inherent to the phone until we get a fix.

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

The reception "issue" is attributed to the design of the iPhone 4, and not your particular iPhone itself. Wait for a bumper or software update.

3. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Well I do have a bumper which works well, so I suppose I'll just send it back without testing, probably a waste of time.

4. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

It just arrived, gotta admit I'm tempted to tinker with it when I get home. :)

5. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Good luck! They replaced mine and still the exact same reception problems! Works great in high signal areas but at home where I'd usually get a few bars I still get searching on the replacement!

6. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Same here with my original and first replacement, just thought maybe third time would be a charm.

;)

Doubtful, still LOVE the phone.