second router for my Clamshell Ibook

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by Garyed055, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Garyed055, Apr 20, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019

Garyed055 macrumors regular

Garyed055

Hi

I bought a airport base station router to allow my Clamshell to access my Internet how do i add it to the router already in place?

Gary

2. Garyed055 thread starter macrumors regular

Garyed055

No prob after a day I got it to working fine. Had to use a laptop running 10.4 Tiger to configure the Apple base station but its working fine now, even my Iphone SE can log onto it. Though the phone thyrows up a warning that WEP is not secure. Only remaining problem is my Clamshell running 9.2.2 can't logon it keeps getting Password wrong errors when I know the password is right

Gary

3. hobowankenobi macrumors 6502a

Gary....you know that ibook is a museum piece, right?

Seriously rare. Very cool design, but hard to make anything running such an old OS work with anything current.

4. Garyed055 thread starter macrumors regular

Garyed055

Indeed my friend but the point is not current but "Retro" Ive installed Simearth, Simtower, Simcity 2000, Doom, Doom II, Waiting on a CD burn to install 7th guest. Plus Final Cut Pro 2. Not to forget I solved the logon problem with the second router so I can access the Net with it now too.

Gary

5. hobowankenobi macrumors 6502a

Good to hear. Enjoy it while you can.

I have an actual old computer museum at work...with G4s and G5s in it. Much older stuff too, but, a G anything is a relic!

6. B S Magnet macrumors 6502

B S Magnet

You don't really get over to the PowerPC forum much, huh? :)

7. hobowankenobi macrumors 6502a

Only when feeling nostalgic. :)

Seriously though....have a hard time remembering so much of that stuff. :rolleyes:

8. Garyed055 thread starter macrumors regular

Garyed055

All problems resolved cept 1. I can logon to the Net with the clamshell. Had to switch to WEP 40 from 128. But now no matter what I try no websites will load. The browser says either unable to resolve or site not found. If I direct connect with Ethernet all is fine I can browse all day. I think maybe the airport card in the Clamshell is bad

Gary

9. B S Magnet macrumors 6502

B S Magnet

When you open the Network system preference pane and select the AirPort card, is the DHCP-assigned IP address one which begins with '169.…?

10. Garyed055 thread starter macrumors regular

Garyed055

I checked and no its not that. but it seems to be working fine now. attaches to the router and the browser works fine.

Confused

Gary