Second thoughts

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Medicman67, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Medicman67 macrumors regular

After reading all the reviews and people stating that after the initial setup and playtime around 4 hrs. It becomes a accessory. And second guessing the purchase I'm starting to wonder if I need to cancel my order. If I had purchased the 38mm I know I would cancel but I'll just keep reading the reviews and see how it goes.

2. leenak macrumors 68020

Honestly, I thought I'd be meh about it but I really, really like it. I think it depends on you. You also have 14 days to return.

3. sterl320 macrumors 6502

Cancel. Just cancel it.

No point in wasting your money on something you don't know that you want just for the sake of having it.

4. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Of course it's an accessory or add-on. It's not to replace your phone.

5. KPOM macrumors G5

Obviously the novelty will wear off comparatively quickly, since it's been building since September. However, it seems like it will be genuinely useful to me.

6. oldwren macrumors 6502

oldwren

Cancel ASAP. :rolleyes:

7. Robert M. macrumors 6502a

Robert M.

I keep looking to see if I have the right size. The 42 is small -- couldn't imagine how anyone could use the 38.

8. Jungo macrumors regular

yeah - 42 is a good size for me, but smaller than I thought

the 38 would have been tiny.

9. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

In my four hours I love the design and UI. It's a little too thick (the one Apple device that needs to be thinner), but it's only a notification device. The screen is so small and you can barely see any lengthy email on the screen anyway. So I find myself glancing at my wrist, reaching over and using he crown, and then taking my phone out of my pocket anyway.

The only other disappointment for me is that there is a large border around the screen (Apple did a good job hiding it) and the screen isn't flush like the new iPhones. Kind of looks cheap in that regard but it's a V1.0.

10. kovey macrumors 6502a

11. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

You should cancel your order.

12. Medicman67 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok thanks

13. negatv1 macrumors 6502

It will not change your life. If it's a big enough conundrum for you to even second guess, just forget about it.

Or, remember there is a return policy.

14. ninethirty macrumors 6502a

Didn't you know, you aren't supposed to say anything bad about the Apple Watch around here, and if you do, you should really cancel your order so that guy can get his faster.

15. H3rman macrumors 6502

Of course it's an accessory. It is a piece of jewlery. I am buying one to replace my current 10 year old watch. To me this will be a watch first and foremost, it will be a fitness device 2nd, then a piece of tech to make me look at my phone less 3rd.

If you don't want/need those things, then cancel. If you do want or need them, keep your order. Remember this is something you will need to put on your wrist all day, pretty much every day to make use of.

I already wear a watch, so that doesn't bother me, but if you don't wear one and never have done, then yeah, you might get fed up after a week or 2.

16. karinatwork macrumors regular

karinatwork

I have been holding off being a fitness tracker because I knew I wanted something that would do more than just counting steps. I looked at all my options, but I still wanted more than what was offered.
    The Apple Watch fills all the gaps. It's not going to a multi tool, but it's going to be a great extension of my iPhone:

Avoid missed calls because Phone was silent and left in purse? Check
    Count steps? Check
    Reminds me to stand up after an hour of inactivity? Check
    Looks good (fashion accessory, not an eye sore)? Check

That's all I really need it for. Everything else is icing.

17. foxkoneko macrumors 6502

18. jjlannoo Suspended

love my SS milanese. Im a watch guy tho. its really well built and has been working perfect so far. stoked about the pulse and calorie monitoring as well.

19. ttexxan macrumors regular

Mine has been working well so far as well. Noticed pulling my phone out less. Sooo nice to delete emails from the watch and not having to do on phone. Responding to quick text also easier. I used apple pay today and hands downs major selling point for me. All in all not something any of us desperately need, but does make some things easier.

If wanting to save money and not into latest tech just pull out your phone. Its bigger with more options.

The watch will become even a bigger hit once sim card included IMO

20. Medicman67 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks.

21. sbharj macrumors member

This. I thought i'd have to actively find ways to use it (justify the purchase) but it kinda just makes you use it by always tapping you and just generally being so nice to use / look at. I love being able to quickly glance at a notification so i can decide if its worth getting my phone out to look at it. Also it's already proving to be quicker to use than my phone for a few things e.g. Shazam, weather, uber, apple remote and of course... checking the time!

22. AleXXXa macrumors 6502

AleXXXa

Don't cancel your order.
    Get the watch and sell it o ebay for a nice profit. Just as i did with my 2 apple watches (sport and milanese steel). ;)

23. PhoneI macrumors 65816

Its definitely not a replacement for the iPhone. Its not the type of device your going to use much if you are kicking back on the couch.

Where its really good is when you are out doing things.

I replaced my old watch with it and I find it very useful.