second try at impressions

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by terencedriver, Apr 28, 2015.

1. terencedriver macrumors member

My first post was about my impressions of the macbook where I spent some time and care at the Regent Street Store. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1872293

Today I went back to try it again to see if my impressions changed. I went to the Covent Garden store.

They have lots on display now.

The GUI really does lag and stutter comparwd to the Air and Pros.

Typing doesn't get easier for me. It hurts my hands after a while and it's inaccurate. The MBP and Air keys work better for me.

They are very light though!

2. madat42 macrumors regular

Interesting - several trips to the store and my impressions are that I've experienced no lag in the UI, and the keyboard is awesome. I guess folks will have to determine on their own.

3. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I have a 2014 13" rMBP maxed out (3.0GHz i7, 16GB ram, 1 TB SSD) and the 12" 1.2 rMB. I don't see this UI lag that someone trying in a store for a few minutes sees.

Really, why are some people so intent on trying to prove the new MacBook is somehow lacking. Buy it if you want or don't buy it if you don't want.

4. noobinator macrumors 601

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. I'm not seeing the lag most people talk about.

I did manage to get some lag yesterday when I open over 4 spaces and had multiple apps open in each including HD youtube videos.

Even then it was minimal.

5. newellj macrumors 603

I own the 13" rMBP (two, actually...late 2013 and 2015) and had a rMB for two weeks. There was no UI lag or stutter compared to the rMBP at all. I don't know how that store has theirs set up - what you describe is completely inconsistent with two weeks of pretty intense comparisons in real life use.

I agree on the keyboard, unfortunately (because I would guess that the new keyboard may migrate to other Mac laptops in the future).

My impression reading tis forum is that I don't think "most people" experience that lag. Most owners who post here seem to have experiences more like mine: the retina laptops (at least those without the DGPU) are basically the same if they are set up and used the same way.