Second Wave of countries

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by spytech, Apr 26, 2015.

1. spytech macrumors regular

So, any news/rumors/clues about the second wave of countries?

Starting to feel I won't be getting any Watch until 2016, lol. I'm also a bit worried, as most online Apple Stores already have publicity regarding the Watch on their pages, and here (Portugal) it doesn't. I've checked a few stores, and Czech Republic doesn't have any publicity, also. Does that indicate that the Watch isn't getting here in near future? As far as I can recall, iPhone 6 had publicity before launch in the store here.

2. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Wasn't there something on the front page about the second wave starting in May a couple of weeks ago. To be honest, they need to address the first wave of April, May and June orders first.

3. spytech thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, there was news about 8 May for Italy... But nothing solid. And it's only for Italy.

It's sad that most people in the first wave haven't got their Watch yet, but it's even more awful that there's four times as many people that haven't even had the chance to order...

4. nienque macrumors member

Exactly. I wouldn't mind joining the back of the queue, but just let me place an order already!

5. Pupi macrumors regular

Pupi

Very likely that countries without an Apple Watch page on Apple's website won't be part of the immediate next wave.

6. spytech thread starter macrumors regular

My thoughts exactly!

That's just really bad... I was hoping to get mine around June...

7. Pupi macrumors regular

Pupi

I am actually a fellow portuguese... but not living in Portugal. But I've been following the situation, and my hopes wouldn't be high at this point. Maybe for the fall, in time for Christmas, or even not at all for gen 1 :eek:

iPhone 1 and iPad 1 weren't released in Portugal officially.

So I'm thinking, if you really want it that much and that early, you should try to get it from Spain (which will be a 2nd wave country for sure).

In any case, I'm also waiting for that mysterious 2nd wave to be announced to know if I'm getting one soon or not. Maybe this monday (tomorrow) we'll know something about it.

8. spytech thread starter macrumors regular

Olá :)

Thanks for the answer. Yeah, you're right on that, but a long time passed since the first iPhone and iPad... If I can only get it on Christmas, we'll, I might as well wait for 2nd Gen, they'll probably announce it next September...

Going abroad would make the cost of getting the watch really high (unless I can get a really cheap flight or something...)

It would be amazing if news came tomorrow!

9. Pupi macrumors regular

Pupi

The news came indeed!

At the earnings conference call, Cook is saying he's expecting to expand to more countries in late June. Countries not specified though. But it's great to have a date, even if tentative.

10. KPOM macrumors G5

Late June, after the pre-orders are all fulfilled and the stores in the first wave are stocked, I'm guessing. Italy should be on there. I'd guess the usual second wave of iPhone countries will be, as well (Austria, Belgium, etc.).

11. spytech thread starter macrumors regular

Second Wave of countries

Well, this is better than no news! But late June is a bit out of what I was expecting...

May God listen to you lol, would be amazing if my little country is included.