Secondary Button of the Might Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ICEBreaker, Dec 24, 2007.

1. ICEBreaker macrumors 6502

Dear Mighty Mouse users,

This is my first experience with the Might Mouse, and it seems to be an innovative device. However, I do seem to be having some problems with it. I've set the MM to use the secondary button, that is, right click. I've found that I need to press down deliberately on the right side of mouse in order to get the right click. Most of the time, I end up left clicking. Do others have this problem, or is it a matter of getting used to it? I've also noticed that the secondary button is not activated by default, does this mean that it is not really designed for right clicking, but one can choose to do so if they "insist"?

I also found it quite difficult to replace the battery cover. It seems one has to snap the top part back in pretty hard. Is this the right/wrong way of doing it?

Thanks for your help.
    JC

2. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

I don't like the MM much...

Okay- to right-click, raise your left finger off the mouse, i.e. only touch it with your right. It works every time.

And yes, Apple have this strange thing about wanting people to use single-click mice. It doesn't really matter- we'll be multi-touching before too long :)

3. phoxrenvatio macrumors regular

i don't have a wireless but, though i've not had too many problems right-clicking, i've noticed that unless you constantly clean it the scroll ball/ button doesn't work well.

4. IMcD23 macrumors regular

IMcD23

Iowa, United States, Earth, Milky Way, . . .
    Hey,

Yes, keep your left finger off the mouse because it has a touch sensor that tells it right or left click. Just make it a habit to lift your left finger off the mouse to right click.

IMcD23

5. kflook macrumors member

It did take some getting used to - but I really like it now that I've had it. As far as the battery cover, I only had trouble getting it off the first time, after that it was ok.

6. Nuks macrumors 6502a

I take my second finger off when i go to do a right click, and it's fine for the first little while after I turn the mighty mouse on, but after that it's near impossible to right click. Kind of frustrating..

7. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

I set the right and left "buttons!" to just be primary click, i set the trackball to be left click when pressed instead of dashboard, i found that was better than taking my hand off the mouse all the time!