Secondary Click Delay

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by oButto, Jul 20, 2011.

1. oButto macrumors member

Hey anybody else experiencing this? On SL my right click/secondary click was instantaneous. Once I upgraded, I am experience a one second delay. So far, this is the only true bug I have experienced with Lion.

I know Lion had problems with secondary click during beta but idk.

2. ndpitch macrumors 6502

I also can see this is happening. There was a similar problem that I had in slow leopard, where the "tap to click" was taking equal amounts of time to register. If I disabled dragging, it became instant like it should be.

Maybe there's something similar here in the trackpad settings that causes the delay for whatever reason.

3. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

I'm experiencing a .10 - .15 second delay, if that, maybe less. (I'm a high speed runner, I sorta can gauge how long a second is, those that are wondering and want to troll on my post :)) An one second is def an issue. Are you using a lot of RAM when you right click?

4. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

I notice a delay with 'tap to click' but if you actually click, it's instant for me.
    Strange!

5. ZacNicholson macrumors 6502a

ZacNicholson

there is a delay because the OS thinks your trying to tap to zoom. to change this go to system preferences--> trackpad--> and unclick smart zoom

Attached Files:

6. kashkha macrumors member

This seems to have gotten rid the delay for me, thanks!

7. oButto thread starter macrumors member

Thank you! This fixed it for me.