Secondary click

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gregornz, Apr 21, 2013.

1. gregornz macrumors newbie

There is no doubt that macbooks just have the best trackpads, fullstop. They're so good, and work so well with OSX that I'd consider buying and external trackpad over a mouse to accompany an iMac.

But one thing is driving me nuts: the right click behaviour in chrome. Sometimes when I right click I get the context menu, sometimes I get tabs opening in a new window (which is the option I prefer) and sometimes I get a left click behaviour.

It seems the very very bottom right corner is the actual 'right click' area, and the whole right side is another different type of right click. There seems to be multiple areas that can be clicked - but I cannot replicate any issue or feature, it all seems random.

This is not a settings issue within the browser as I've troubleshot it, and my system preferences are set to 'click in bottom right corner'.

These trackpads work brilliantly, and are very intelligent, more intelligent than me it seems. Can anyone clarify - what is the secret of the trackpad?

2. simsaladimbamba

Do you only right click with the bottom right corner or also with a two finger click or tap or even CTRL-click?

3. gregornz thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm only talking about the one finger bottom right click. Having just migrated from windows I'm trying to go with what I know :cool:

4. simsaladimbamba

Then maybe try the two finger click or two finger tap (has to be enabled in System Preferences > Trackpad), since the bottom right click is newer than the two finger click or two finger tap. Maybe that could solve your problem or the problem lies entirely within Chrome.

5. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

Echoing the recommendation that you try two-finger right clicking. It becomes second nature quickly and makes things easier.

Also highly, highly recommend the Magic Trackpad. Ergonomically and productivity speaking it's one of the best accessories I own. Everything I love about the MacBook trackpad but twice as big.