secondary computer questions.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bc008, Sep 4, 2007.

1. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

well, soon after i got my imac i realized i needed the portability of a laptop. i missed taking my old macbook on trips, using it in bed, downstairs, or just up at java junction (our version of starbucks).

so i am saving to buy a secondary laptop (macbook) and want to know what one i should get. I want something new, not refurbished. Should i go with the base end macbook (999)(student discount) of the higher end blackbook for 1399? dont say the one in the middle, because for like 200 more i would def get the black.

so do i pay a little and get a good secondary computer, or do i get the top of the line macbook, and enjoy it for years to come?

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

so why not a refurb? if i was looking for a second mac, i'd get the core duo macbook for $799.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It sounds like you're the sort of person who knows what he/she wants...you're willing to save, you're willing to pay for new, you're willing to pay for the color, etc. I'd say do it right (for you)... keep saving and get the black one that you really want.

4. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

edit:

im going with the blackbook.
    why?

MY MOM SAID SHE WOULD PAY FOR HALF OF IT!
    W00t!

although this is my christmas present :/