Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaSal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
The Netherlands
So, for some reason when I have a secondary display connected to my Mac Pro, it will sometimes randomly get a yellow tint. Turning it on and off again will fix the problem, but then it'll only be a matter of time until it randomly gets a yellow tint again, usually when the display gets focus.

Anyone know how to fix this? It's really annoying....:confused:

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
Hmm, could be a colour profile issue I guess. Take a look under

 -> System Preferences -> Displays -> (on the window that opens on your secondary monitor) Color

What colour profile is it using? When the display turns yellow, does the profile change?

DaSal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
The Netherlands
Hmm, could be a colour profile issue I guess. Take a look under

 -> System Preferences -> Displays -> (on the window that opens on your secondary monitor) Color

What colour profile is it using? When the display turns yellow, does the profile change?

It just uses the default "Samsung" profile. And no, it doesn't. Changing the color profile doesn't seem to fix it either, the color will change but the yellow tint will remain.

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
Is it yellow-tinted or does it not display other colours at all? If it's only tinted, and you can get it to stay the same, you can recalibrate the monitor to something more normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.