Secondary display has yellowish tint? (Sometimes)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DaSal, Sep 27, 2009.

1. DaSal macrumors regular

So, for some reason when I have a secondary display connected to my Mac Pro, it will sometimes randomly get a yellow tint. Turning it on and off again will fix the problem, but then it'll only be a matter of time until it randomly gets a yellow tint again, usually when the display gets focus.

Anyone know how to fix this? It's really annoying....:confused:

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Have you tried with other displays? That display with other computers? Is the cable firmly seated?

3. DaSal thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, yea, I forgot to mention that. Obviously I checked all that. Furthermore, when I boot into Windows using BootCamp it all works just fine.:confused:

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Hmm, could be a colour profile issue I guess. Take a look under

 -> System Preferences -> Displays -> (on the window that opens on your secondary monitor) Color

What colour profile is it using? When the display turns yellow, does the profile change?

5. DaSal thread starter macrumors regular

It just uses the default "Samsung" profile. And no, it doesn't. Changing the color profile doesn't seem to fix it either, the color will change but the yellow tint will remain.

6. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Is it yellow-tinted or does it not display other colours at all? If it's only tinted, and you can get it to stay the same, you can recalibrate the monitor to something more normal.