Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
My original apple ID for iTunes used an old email address. When we got iPhones I signed up for a Mobile ME acccount and got a me.com address. Didn't use it much at first, but then started using it for emails for the entire family. For example I would make a hotel reservation with it so both my wife and I would have a copy. Stuff like that.

Well, now I am getting messages that it is full and there is nothing I can do to upgrade the storage on it. I follow the directions and the "Manage" link at the bottom only appears on my original Apple ID, which we still use for iTunes.

Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this issue? I have more than enough storage on my primary Apple ID, but only the 5GB on my secondary one.

Thanks.

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
Well, I backdoored a solution. I used my daughter's old Mini and set up the .me.com account as the only iCloud account and it let me buy more storage. So initial problem is solved for now.

Just wonder why Apple doesn't have a solution to this. I can't be the only one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.