Secondary iPod.. nano vs shuffle

Discussion in 'iPod' started by i0Nic, Sep 2, 2007.

1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Hey guys, I'm brewing over a decision and wouldn't mind to hear what some of you guys think.

I own a black 8gb nano, and also an orange shuffle. I want to get an iPod touch when it's released. I can't justify owning 3 ipods as that is overkill so I want to sell either the nano or the shuffle.

As a secondary player, I will use it for the gym and for times I don't want to carry around a larger device.

Keeping the shuffle would make sense since it will be mainly used for the gym, however I won't have the ability to select tracks/playlists which is a bit of a bummer. Sometimes I like to specify playlists such as 'running' or 'weights' or choose between rock and electronica etc. With the shuffle, I would have to simplify things. The positives with the shuffle are that I like the fact I don't have to look at the screen to change tracks or volume.

Keeping the nano would be good because I quite like the nano, the feel of it, the use in the gym etc. However an 8gb nano for the gym is way overkill. Also if I sold the nano it would also pay for half of the iPod touch so theres a big carrot there. Also, keeping the nano means I still have the option of getting the nike+ kit I've been thinking of getting, however it's not a deal breaker.

Hmm, what do you guys think?

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

before i sold my shuffle, i would put on two playlists of tracks and put it in the beginning with all the other songs alphabetized right after it. maneuvering took some practice and getting used to (in addition to button-pushing patience), but i still would have preferred that to owning a nano. i say keep the shuffle (and it's orange!) :)

3. ds252 macrumors regular

Well 2gb nanos used on apples site are only 100 dollars and if you sold an 8gb and nano you would get somewhere around 250 probably so getting the touch and a 2gb may be a decent decision even though it would feel like you wasted alot of money because those two cost like 400 dollars together.

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9900/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Maybe the op can sell both, and buy a new (or refurb to save $) lower capacity nano. Then you get cash back, the ability to select playlists, and not overkill gigabytage.

5. i0Nic thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm thinking of doing that...one guy has offered me his silver 2gb nano plus $70, another guy is offering me his blue nano plus $40. Dunno if I'm getting a decent deal here or not..

6. Shorties macrumors 6502a

By far I would say keep the shuffle, I sold my shuffle when I got my 5th Gen iPod and I regret it, I really loved that thing, you wont need the nano if you have an iPod touch, But the shuffle is just so nice and small its good to have around.

7. i0Nic thread starter macrumors 65816

This is what I have decided to do. I think that the new ipod + shuffle combo is best.

Thanks guys

8. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I can justify buying whatever comes out on Wed and I own eight iPods. Just consider it a collection.