Seconds hand

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ledzepfan1981, Apr 18, 2015.

1. ledzepfan1981 macrumors regular

ledzepfan1981

Does anyone know if we are able to remove the seconds hand and the analogue watch faces?

The only reason I want to do this is that they said that on a Pebble, it is best if we don't have a watch face with a seconds hand as it means that the watch face is refreshing every second and that drains the battery. I'm presuming that's the case with the :apple: Watch.

2. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

I doubt it, the screen will be off for the majority of the time, and when the screen is on the pixels where the seconds hand is will be refreshed whether it is there or not.

None issue. :)

3. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

That is not the case with the Apple Watch. The reason why this is an issue with the Pebble is due to the E-ink display. Every time something on the screen changes it uses battery. The Apple Watch's screen only uses battery when you tilt your arm up.

4. a1psx macrumors newbie

The pebble is e-ink and doesn't need to be refreshed if it doesn't change, a second hand means 1 update every second instead of 1 update a minute.

The apple watch is an OLED screen where each pixel can be individually lit (instead of backlighting the entire screen), having just a few extra onscreen should not effect the battery too much.

5. ledzepfan1981 thread starter macrumors regular

ledzepfan1981

Thank you to everyone who responded. I had overlooked all the points above!