Secret Tethering Application!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by KyleBoyer, Dec 16, 2013.

1. KyleBoyer macrumors newbie

Hey guys, yet again another app has snuck through! It is by the same makers of iRinger, but this one is now titled Saddy! It supports both Socks and HTTP proxying for tethering! All you need to do to get to the tethering screen is click the little "i" in the top right, enter "Unlock" and hit send. I'm sure you guys can figure it out from there!

2. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

I probably just wasted $1.99, but I bought and installed it just in case it does work.

I'm not home with my iPad where I can try it out, but the iPhone to iPad instructions look a little strange...wanting you to set up an ad-hoc network with your Mac or PC to connect the iPhone to, then tether the iPad to the iPhone.

Maybe that's just for testing purposes? If I can set up an adhoc network on my PC or Mac I can just directly connect my iPad to it - I don't need to tether to my phone first.

Hopefully this works so I can tether my iPad to my iPhone and be able to use the cellular network on the phone as my path to the internet....otherwise this is a waste.

3. csixty4 macrumors regular

These non-jailbreak tethering apps work by setting up a SOCKS proxy. Apple doesn't give you a way to connect to a SOCKS proxy in Settings. You'd have to either jailbreak or jump through some hoops to get iOS to connect to such a proxy directly. It's easier to just tell you to set up a computer in the middle since OSX can connect to SOCKS connections pretty easily.

4. Dookieman macrumors 6502

5. damagezwk macrumors newbie

6. Jonathan McCann macrumors newbie

Works with iOS 6

I know for a fact that this app works with iOS 6. The problem is in iOS 7 the device does not view WiFi and Ad Hoc networks the same. Has anyone been able to get this app to work on and iOS 7 Device?

7. jon2249 macrumors newbie

Well if this doesnt work for IOS 7, thats a bust....