Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tjwett, Feb 22, 2006.
are those minis still turning up? i'm thinking of taking my chances and ordering one.
Don't hold me to it, but I believe they are still around. I don't know if they are still as "common" as they used to be, however. It could be a lot of fun to try to get a beefed up mini, just don't get your hopes up because you will be very disappointed if in fact you do not get the beefed up one. Give it a shot though!
I'd wait a couple days. Call it a hunch.
what is a beefed up mini? is it a Mac Mini with high memory and storage? and why is it hard to get one
No, actually Apple would randomly send out minis with 1.5Ghz processors and I think, but I'm not sure, 64MB graphics. It was totally by luck, almost a gamble. It got more people to buy because they would try to get this upgraded mini.
At least wait until next Tuesday. Of course no one knows what "fun" products are going to be unveiled, but maybe a new mini will be announced. I, for one, am desperate for a Mac Mini loaded with Front Row and the Apple Remote.
But if not, order away!
You definetly need to wait. http://www.tuaw.com/2006/02/22/apple-has-halted-bulk-orders-of-mac-minis/
I think it's fairly obvious!
A friend of mine bought a Mini from a reseller in the UK a few weeks back. It was a 1.5Ghz, 64Mb VRAM one.
Do you know which reseller? I want to get one from John Lewis, they have a 2 year guarentee.
It was a very small store somewhere in the Leeds/Bradford area! Basically a small local computer shop.
Wait 5 days! Nothing to loose
I managed to track one down, but if there is a Media Mac Mini coming out in the next week, I think I'll be selling on my stealth edition!
I'd wait till next week. Why you ask? Consider your options:
1. Don't wait, buy one now - you gamble on getting either what you paid for or getting the secretly beefed-up Mac mini.
2. Wait - you either get to buy a very publicly beefed-up Mac mini or if one doesn't eventuate, you get to run your gamble from option 1.
Sounds like option 2 is waay more fun. If you can wait 5 days though.
I think you can.....
You have no idea how long i've been waiting lol , 5 days won't make much difference.
yeah i'm definitely planning to wait and see what happens on the 28th. if some new intel-based mini doesn't come out then i'll probably just grab a g4 one. i just sold my dual g5 the other day and frankly i'm kind of regretting it already. but a new mini media center with touchscreen remote and video airport express would probably make me feel better.
The "silent" bump took place as of last August's production. If you buy from any large company you are going to get a bumped mini.