Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
I'm thinking about getting the silver Sector 5 for my white iPhone 5. I've seen a few pictures here with that combo and it looks amazing!

One question though- Does the case cover/protect the chamfered edges?

shleif

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2012
Can't put my phone down even after 1 week of owning my Sector5. It really gets more and more comfortable each day. I put my LifeProof on and it just didn't feel right.
Who here has had any drops while sporting the Sector5? Just curious how the phone and bumper held up.

I've dropped my FE twice on my ceramic tile floor. Not a mark on the case or the phone. I would have expected at least a ding on the case and was pleased that there wasn't even a mark. One of those times, it landed hard on a corner too. These cases are tougher than I thought for being aluminum.

Last edited:

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
I'm think on something like one of these::D

darth-vader-helmet-revealed-1.jpg

star%2520wars%2520darth%2520vader%2520sith%2520keep%2520calm%2520and%25202941x4166%2520wallpaper_www.wallpaperhi.com_88.jpg

dimages.jpg

darth-vader1.jpg

My favorite is this one:

Vader_blueprint.jpg

Most likely black background with the grey markings since my case (still pending shipping :mad::mad::mad:) is the black ops

Last edited:

ke31kais

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2012
Oh YESSSSSSS. I had some stuff waiting to put on my phone once the Sector 5 case came, and here it is. I'm loving my setup!!!!!!!!

Sector 5 Element Case + SGP Glas tR glass screen + Lucky Labs Yellow spectra wraps + Element Case carbon fiber backplate = AWESOMENESS

Also, reran the speedtests! WIFI was on before duhhh.
no considerable difference again. This case does NOT cause interference! Will post screenshots in a little bit

By any chance can anyone tell me where to find this carbon fiber backplate for the Sector 5? I cannot seem to find it listed on their website.

Kenjichaz808

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
Luxeplates.com
custom plate made (I'm a huge Iron Man fan) 1 week turnaround time, these guys are really cool.

think I'll find someone local that can match the finish of the sector 5 to the backplate and spigen metal button......

no wifi issues whatsoever with the backplate on, everything works perfectly.

could you explain to me how the custom thing works. Im not good with photoshop and such and when i DL the packet to make a custom back it really makes no sense to me how to use it

MrSniffles69

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
So I still have not heard anything about my order shipping. This is starting to get annoying. I really wanted it before Christmas actually before this weekend so I feel like this sucks. lol

Anyone think if I email them and ask for over night shipping free since its so delayed they will do it lol

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
What day was your order suppose to start shipping? mine was Dec 6 and is still "Ready to Ship", yesterday complaint and got a credit for shipping, was told will get out this week.

Regards,

MrSniffles69

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
I just FINALLY got my tracking number from Fedex!! :eek:

Thats awesome!!! Congrats!!! haha hopfully I get mine sometime soon.

You had the 6th I had the 13th I really needed it before Christmas though so I am going on a trip right after Christmas and will be gone for like 2 weeks!!

I asked if they could bump me to over night and bump me up in line hahaha

jagss

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2012
Hi my first post!!

I'm from the Uk. Had shipping email today from element case. Ordered sector 5 case on 27th nov. I was reading on their Facebook page that cases get shipped per batches. My order number was 1322xx then your case will be shipped very shortly. My case is expected to arrive on or around thu 20th dec.
Hope this helps someone.

Dexy

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
Anyone have CarbonFiber Backplate that come with First Edition to sell? I want to buy it from someone that have it, and dont use it cause signal degradation...

MrSniffles69

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
Happy to announce that I got my tracking today!

I had a ship date of the 13th so only about a week. Late. Can not wait to get my case I am thinking it will be Monday when I get it I only picked the 3 day shipping so we shall see!!

Cant wait to get it I will post pics!

They never replied to my message I sent them maybe they bumped me up to over night  lol

bloodninj4

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010

I had a ship date of the 13th so only about a week. Late. Can not wait to get my case I am thinking it will be Monday when I get it I only picked the 3 day shipping so we shall see!!

They never replied to my message I sent them maybe they bumped me up to over night  lol

damn its been a while since i checked in
congrats haha

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
FINALLY got my new BlackOps today!

photo%2520%25281%2529.JPG

The matte black is very nice looking, reminds me my old AR15 case; like it more than the color of my FE (actually bought 2, plan was to keep one and profit on the second one, but ended up re-selling both, making this one only $85 !! :D). I will install the Lucky Labs rash guards tonight and post some pictures.

Since I order a custom Luxe back plate (design on the works) will not use the tactical back plate, so if someone is interested to purchase it PM me.

Last edited:

MrSniffles69

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
FINALLY got my new BlackOps today!

The matte black is very nice looking, reminds me my old AR15 case; like it more than the color of my FE (actually bought 2, plan was to keep one and profit on the second one, but ended up re-selling both, making this one only $85 !! :D). I will install the Lucky Labs rash guards tonight and post some pictures.

Since I order a custom Lex back plate (design on the works) will not use the tactical back plate, so if someone is interested to purchase it PM me.

Awesome glad I got it can't wait to see pics

ndbarras

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2011

I was also in the Dec. 13th batch but I didn't hear anything yet#! If you don't mind me asking when was your order date? What is your order #? Mine is 132894, just wondering how far away I am away. Thanks.

shwa311

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2008
NY
Gunmetal

Can anyone tell me how the gunmetal is holding up to scuffing? Does it scuff as easily as the black iPhone 5?

MrSniffles69

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
I was also in the Dec. 13th batch but I didn't hear anything yet#! If you don't mind me asking when was your order date? What is your order #? Mine is 132894, just wondering how far away I am away. Thanks.

My order number is 1335** that's weird urs hasn't shipped what color did u get and I emailed them yesterday idk if that helped

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.