Sectorlink Hosting?

alexf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
Planet Earth
I was wondering if anyone here as any experience with Sectorlink Hosting...

I just designed a site for a client who is using them for hosting and was very impressed by their online FTP file management system (among other things).

I am considering perhaps using them in the future. Also, does anyone have any other recommendations for a hosting company with a good online FTP file management system?

Any comments would be much appreciated. :)

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Almost every hosting company offers that....

I've had good experiences with iPowerweb though...

Comment

alexf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
Planet Earth
MacFan25863 said:
Almost every hosting company offers that....

I've had good experiences with iPowerweb though...
No, actually many hosting companies do not - or at least it is extremely limited.

Comment

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
alexf said:
No, actually many hosting companies do not - or at least it is extremely limited.
What do you mean by extremely limited? What more can you do but create folders, delete files, upload files, and maybe some CHMOD? Besides, using an FTP app like Transmit is faster, IMO.

Also, I'm pretty sure that online file uploading is supported by cPanel, Plesk, and vDeck, which are the three major control panel apps for web hosts. Which hosts don't offer this?

Comment

alexf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
Planet Earth
MacFan25863 said:
What do you mean by extremely limited? What more can you do but create folders, delete files, upload files, and maybe some CHMOD? Besides, using an FTP app like Transmit is faster, IMO.

Also, I'm pretty sure that online file uploading is supported by cPanel, Plesk, and vDeck, which are the three major control panel apps for web hosts. Which hosts don't offer this?
Well, at least DreamHost, who is one of the more popular hosts around, does not offer this. My understanding is that other hosts do not either.

I was impressed by how easy it was to edit the HTML right there from the control panel.

Comment

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
alexf said:
Well, at least DreamHost, who is one of the more popular hosts around, does not offer this. My understanding is that other hosts do not either.

I was impressed by how easy it was to edit the HTML right there from the control panel.

DreamHost does offer some functionality : Click Me

Comment

alexf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
Planet Earth
MacFan25863 said:
DreamHost does offer some functionality : Click Me
No, this is not what I am referring to - what Dreamhost offers is almost the same as just networking from OS X directly. Sectorlink offers a real online FTP management system.

Comment

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Fuquay Varina, NC
alexf said:
No, this is not what I am referring to - what Dreamhost offers is almost the same as just networking from OS X directly. Sectorlink offers a real online FTP management system.
If you take a closer look they are running cpanel , which just happens to be used by literally thousands of web hosting companies.

This functionality is nothing special nor unique to Sectorlink. :rolleyes:

However, to their credit their pricing seems pretty decent...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.