secundary screens

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by hanHans, Aug 29, 2007.

1. hanHans macrumors newbie

Hi!
    I’we got a plasma, which native resolution is 1024x768, that I’we connected to my mac pro via a dvi-hdmi cable. It connects automatically as an extended desktop. However, when I activate "mirror mode" (or "clone mode" don’t know exactly what it’s called in english, I use the norwegian version of OS X), the image on the plasma display won’t fit right. I miss some pices of the "apple menu" at the top and the dock at the bottom at the plasma display.

Therefore I’m wondering if someone knows how to make the image fit right on my plasma display... When I boot in windows the ati catalyst control center fixes every right so that the plasma display captures the entire picture. Are there an equivalent program the mac?

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

There should be a check box in the display preferences window for 'Oversized' or something to that effect. Uncheck it. HDMI isn't going to do quite perfect on the screen. My LCD is the same way with the DVI to HDMI interface. But if i check oversized then I lose part of the apple menu.

Brian

3. hanHans thread starter macrumors newbie

I know about that, and believe it’ s called "overscan", but it’s really annoying when you get the black areas around the display. I think it’s better then to loose half of the dock and apple menu.

However, isn’t there some third party program one can install, which manages to use the correct scan on the secondary display???

I’ we been looking at the ATI website (I’ we got ATI radeon x1900xt video card), however, I couldn’t find any display software for the Intel MacPro, only for the old G5 machines…

I know that this problem can be solved if ones TV has 1:1 pixelmapping, which mine doesn’t have. However, I would really like to get my hands on some software, which corrects this problem…

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

5. hanHans thread starter macrumors newbie

I checked out switchresx, however, I wasn’t able to have different ressoultions on my lcd screen and my plasma, while having the Mirror Displays enabled ... Ideas anyone?