Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

astudentis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
Hello,

I am going to ask a few questions in a list to make reading and answering easier:

- any speculation when apple is holding some conference to release the new macbook pro?

- I am the type of person that likes to have the newest and greatest... with that in mind i really cant decide to either get MBP+8gb touch now, or wait for new MBP

- Would it be possible for me to buy the MBP+touch on the last day of the deal (sept 15th?) online... and wait for apple to release a new product to see if there are any improvements with design/processor/blueray/portability slimness/etc... and still have time to return it by the time apple introduces the new MBP (while still not opening the box with the new MBP+touch)

-- in that case would i have to pay for the shipping the product back.. and or restocking fee (even though i would technically be doing an exchange)

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
- any specuraltion when apple is holding some conference to release new macbook pro?
They won't make a conference over it. It might be a media event, or more likely a silent speed bump.

- I am type of person that like to have the newest and greatest... with that in mind i really cant decide to either get MBP+8gb touch now, or wait for new MBP
There's really not that much to be updated in the MacBook Pro. The $300 iPod is an excellent deal to begin with.

- Would it be possible for me to buy the MBP+touch on the last day of the deal (sept 15th?) online... and wait for apple to release a new product to see if there are any improvements with design/processor/blueray/portability slimness/etc... and still have time to return it by the time apple introduces the new MBP (while still not opening the box with the new MBP+touch)
No, because if the rebate program is over, they won't introduce new computers into the already-ended back-to-school promotion.

-- in that case would i have to pay for the shipping the product back.. and or restocking fee (even though i would technically be doing a
exchange)
You'd pay the restocking fee of 10% on both the computer and the iPod. If you kept the iPod, you would forfeit your rebate.

astudentis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
...also would it be worth is to still get MBP now even though they have the faulty nvidia chips!!!???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.