Secure a better a deal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by astudentis, Aug 14, 2008.

1. astudentis macrumors regular

Hello,

I am going to ask a few questions in a list to make reading and answering easier:

- any speculation when apple is holding some conference to release the new macbook pro?

- I am the type of person that likes to have the newest and greatest... with that in mind i really cant decide to either get MBP+8gb touch now, or wait for new MBP

- Would it be possible for me to buy the MBP+touch on the last day of the deal (sept 15th?) online... and wait for apple to release a new product to see if there are any improvements with design/processor/blueray/portability slimness/etc... and still have time to return it by the time apple introduces the new MBP (while still not opening the box with the new MBP+touch)

-- in that case would i have to pay for the shipping the product back.. and or restocking fee (even though i would technically be doing an exchange)

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

They won't make a conference over it. It might be a media event, or more likely a silent speed bump.

There's really not that much to be updated in the MacBook Pro. The $300 iPod is an excellent deal to begin with.

No, because if the rebate program is over, they won't introduce new computers into the already-ended back-to-school promotion.

You'd pay the restocking fee of 10% on both the computer and the iPod. If you kept the iPod, you would forfeit your rebate.

3. astudentis thread starter macrumors regular

I'm saying i'd just return both items unopened and get the new pro

4. astudentis thread starter macrumors regular

...also would it be worth is to still get MBP now even though they have the faulty nvidia chips!!!???