Secure a better a deal?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by astudentis, Aug 14, 2008.

  1. astudentis macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2007
    #1
    Hello,

    I am going to ask a few questions in a list to make reading and answering easier:

    - any speculation when apple is holding some conference to release the new macbook pro?

    - I am the type of person that likes to have the newest and greatest... with that in mind i really cant decide to either get MBP+8gb touch now, or wait for new MBP

    - Would it be possible for me to buy the MBP+touch on the last day of the deal (sept 15th?) online... and wait for apple to release a new product to see if there are any improvements with design/processor/blueray/portability slimness/etc... and still have time to return it by the time apple introduces the new MBP (while still not opening the box with the new MBP+touch)

    -- in that case would i have to pay for the shipping the product back.. and or restocking fee (even though i would technically be doing an exchange)
     
  2. aethelbert macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2007
    Location:
    Chicago, IL, USA
    #2
    They won't make a conference over it. It might be a media event, or more likely a silent speed bump.

    There's really not that much to be updated in the MacBook Pro. The $300 iPod is an excellent deal to begin with.

    No, because if the rebate program is over, they won't introduce new computers into the already-ended back-to-school promotion.

    You'd pay the restocking fee of 10% on both the computer and the iPod. If you kept the iPod, you would forfeit your rebate.
     
  3. astudentis thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2007
    #3
    I'm saying i'd just return both items unopened and get the new pro
     
  4. astudentis thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2007
    #4
    ...also would it be worth is to still get MBP now even though they have the faulty nvidia chips!!!???
     

Share This Page