Secure backup keeps failing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PorscheDude, Sep 24, 2017.

1. PorscheDude macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I have a 3 year old iPhone 6 that is giving me a lot of problems, so I purchased a 6S plus on Friday to replace it. I've been trying to backup my iPhone 6 via a secure backup so I can do a full restore on the new phone. It keeps giving me an error. I tried the following

-Updated iTunes on my Desktop (Windows machine) to the latest version.
    -Deleted all old versions of my previous backups.
    -Removed music from my device (in case that was holding it up)
    -Reset all settings on the phone.
    -Upgraded iPhone to IOS 11.
    -Tried doing a backup on my Macbook running the latest OS X with all new updates
    -Deleted old backups on my mac, no dice.

I can now do a regular backup, just not a secure one. If I remember correctly, a secure backup takes into account all of the old Appdata and passwords, correct? I tried AnyTrans and that software doesn't work well.

I'm at my witts end. I've never had these issues before with Apple products. Any ideas? Is there a way I can see the logs to see what is the problematic App/data piece?

2. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

If you are talking about the encrypted backup all you will lose is your passwords. Shouldn't be a big problem as long as you are prepared to enter them again.

Edit: You will lose passwords, wifi info, health data, and website history

4. PorscheDude thread starter macrumors newbie

The error says "iTunes could not backup the iphone because an error occured while reading from or writing to the iPhone.". I tried using the logging function in xcode to see what the error code was. This is what it says right before the error message pops up.

Sep 24 19:08:11 OLD-IPHONE BackupAgent2[562] <Notice>: File modified while being uploaded (mod time changed): <private> (<private>)
    Sep 24 19:08:12 OLD-IPHONE BackupAgent2[562] <Notice>: File modified while being uploaded (mod time changed): <private> (<private>)
    Sep 24 19:08:17 OLD-IPHONE BackupAgent2[562] <Error>: <private>
    Sep 24 19:08:17 OLD-IPHONE BackupAgent2(MobileBackup)[562] <Notice>: No POSIX code for error: <private>
    Sep 24 19:08:19 OLD-IPHONE BackupAgent2[562] <Error>: Error uploading "<private>" to "<private>": <private>
    Sep 24 19:08:19 OLD-IPHONE BackupAgent2[562] <Error>: Backup error - <private>

Is there any way I can get more information from these logs? Thanks guys.