"Secure empty trash" equivalent as icon in Finder?

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by happycadaver, Nov 15, 2015.

1. happycadaver macrumors regular

happycadaver

I know that Apple removed the "Secure empty trash" feature in El Capitan because of SSD support.

In the finder i have "empty trash" as an icon for quicker access. Is there a chance to get an icon which deletes files directly without the use of the trash? I don't need a safety net for my files, haven't deleted a file by accident for over 20 years (really!!).

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Uh, try not to be overconfident. :)
    And, I cannot find a way to achieve your goal. On the contrary, I have found the way to customise toolbar, including your delete icon.

But, you can always press option+command+delete to immediately delete a file without moving it to trash.

3. KALLT macrumors 601

@happycadaver: Just a long shot: what happens when you press the option key while clicking on the toolbar icon? Maybe it does something different here as well.

He isn't looking for a replacement, but for a quicker access to the new "Delete Immediately" option. There is a toolbar icon in Finder with which you can move a selected item to trash, but it isn't available for the latter option.

4. wksj macrumors member

If you have Hazel, you can set it to empty the trash automatically, as soon as there's a new file in there.

5. happycadaver thread starter macrumors regular

happycadaver

Thanks for your input, i think, i can live with the keyboard shortcut for the moment.