Secure Serial Number Storage Application?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SHADO, Dec 26, 2008.

1. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

So over the years I have accumulated a significant pile of bought applications/games/utilities etc. I am tired of this pile of plastic cd cases, and wish to transfer all of the cds/dvds to a cd book. However, since they all have different serial numbers and/or activation codes that are in the plastic cd case, this is not possible. I am looking for a nice, secure application or utility that can store all of my serial numbers with easy access if I need them. Does anyone know of such a thing? It would be awesome if something like this existed, but if it does not, does anyone know of another way to store all of this info? I think a text document just listing all of them is out of the question, as that is not secure at all. Thanks.

2. SHADO thread starter macrumors 6502a

SHADO

3. SHADO thread starter macrumors 6502a

SHADO

4. chatoyer macrumors regular

Could just create a secure note in your Keychain.

5. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

You may want to look at KeePassx. It's free, easy to use and you can sync with your other computers using Dropbox ( free also) or MobleMe.. I used moblie me before I found Dropbox.. Both worked very well.

6. SHADO thread starter macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Hmm. Well KeePassX is nice, but I'm looking for Wallet 3, but free :p. Anything out there?

7. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Make an encrypted disk image. Store text document or spreadsheet in it.

8. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....have a look at 1Password maybe. It's usually not free but if you go through the MacHeist Giving Tree you'll get a free licensed copy - hurry though as that deal won't last too long (some of the other freebies are cool too)...oh yeah!

9. mynameisraj macrumors 6502

I believe 1Password, Wallet and Caboodle all offer what you are seeking :)

10. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

Pastor is a good free app for this. It is donation ware but it doesn't nag and works uncrippled for free.

11. r88my macrumors regular

Try license keeper, used it for a couple of years now and its designed for exactly that.

12. jamesdmc macrumors 6502

I also use LicenseKeeper. The only feature that it lacks, in my opinion, is automatic syncing between macs. Someone mentioned Dropbox earlier in this thread, and I have a Dropbox account for syncing 1Password, but does anyone know how/if I can sync LicenseKeeper using iDisk? I'm trying to get the most out of my MobileMe subscription.

James

13. SHADO thread starter macrumors 6502a

SHADO

You are awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for. Although not too visually appealing, this does the job. Thanks a lot!