Secure Web page refreshes again and again..help

Discussion in 'iPad' started by superonyx, Oct 7, 2010.

1. superonyx macrumors newbie

I am a new ipad owner and wanted to use the ipad for order inputs on the road for work. The web site that I have to use for orders say its secured by rapid SSL. The problem is when i log into the site it keep refreshing the page just about everytime I touch an input field. It will sometimes allow me to go to the 2nd page of the order entry and then it refreshes me back out to the first page. I cant understand why this keeps happening. Is their anything i can do about it? I tried to download alternative browsers from the market and they all do the same.

If i try to do this on my EVO (touch screen android) phone it does the same thing. However, my wife's palm pre allows me to get all the way through without a problem.

Does anyone understand this and is their anything i can do to get get around this?

I did try Cloud browser and it lets me do it because its firefox from a server of the company. But while on the road its just too slow to be practical.

Thanks guys for the help.

2. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

Have you tried icab? I had a similar problem and icab set with the firefox ID fixed it.

3. superonyx thread starter macrumors newbie

you know i have not tried any of the paid browser yet. I was afraid to run through 30 of them and have them all act the same way.

Does apple have any return policy with their market like android does so if it doesnt fix the problem at all i can refund the app and delete it?

4. superonyx thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried icab and it still is acting the exact same way as the other browsers are including the browser on my phone.

So annoying,

The only solution i could find was cloud browser. But i just dont know how reliable that really is. I am starting to think the problem isnt the ipad settings. I think its the web site settings that is causing these problem. I am going to try out a few smart phones with physical keyboards tomorrow and see if its the same story. I hope i am not forced to buy a netbook for my order entries on the road. The ipad is so much more fun. Who wants a netbook. Its just a weak shrunken laptop. Nothing exciting about that.