Security Deposit - Apple site vs. AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by timerollson, Jun 10, 2010.

1. timerollson macrumors 65816

So.... I'm with Verizon and am planning to get an iPhone 4. I priced out the 3GS and they required a $150 deposit. Not bad but whatever.

My question is this:
    Do the security deposits differ from what the Apple site says to what AT&T will ask for? $150 isn't that bad for me. I just dont want to go into AT&T and they're like "Oh, BTW, we meant $500 and your soul as a security deposit."

Has anyone had anexperience where the deposit differs in-store versus online?

P.S. Also, do security deposits differ by iPhone model, i.e. $150 for a 3GS, >$150 for an iPhone 4? Or, is it all SSN based?

Thanks in advance.

2. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

They should not and most likely will not because Apple is told by AT&T when you enter everything what to charge you. The only reason why it would change is if something in your credit changes in the meantime.

3. timerollson thread starter macrumors 65816

Awesome! Sounds good.

Nothing should be changing from now until July 1 (when I'm able to buy it).

4. Built macrumors 68020

The sites are linked.

When you enter your information into the Apple site, it links to the AT&T system. Same with upgrade eligibility.

5. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I have a question. I wanted to see if I would be charged a security deposit if I opened my own account. When I entered everything (acting as if a new line and new number), it brought me to the page to go into a store.

I am not really opening my own account, but I was wondering if you have to go into the store to find out if you have to pay one?