Security Flaw in iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by darkshadow1337, Feb 13, 2009.

1. darkshadow1337 macrumors newbie

Even with the passcode enabled, when i plug the iPhone into any computer, you can still view the screenshots and pictures that you have taken without even needing to put a passcode in. I've also tried disabling the iPhone for like one minute and even with the phone disabled, the pictures can still be accessed. I think that this is a security flaw that apple should look into.

2. Katuls macrumors member

sounds like an individual program. Not a flaw. My requires the passcode in order to see anything on it.

3. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

Are you talking about viewing them on the computer or on the phone?

iPhoto allows you to view photos from the phone when it's plugged in. That's why I'm asking.

4. darkshadow1337 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i am talking about viewing them on the computer. Whenever i plug it in, it allows me to browse the camera roll and also the screenshots but on the computer only. The phone is still locked.

5. elistan macrumors 6502a

6. Resist macrumors 68030

Browsing and transferring are two different things.

7. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I believe it only works on the computer it's synced to. I can't confirm this though.

8. Resist macrumors 68030

Not only can the pictures be viewed but they can be copied to the computer via drag and drop.

9. jake921660 macrumors regular

If you have a passcode on it i dont think it will work on any other computer except your own.

10. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

Only works on the mac I Sync my iPhone with. I read this, then tried to plug it into my mini and copy some pics accross, no dice. So for me at least it only works on my Syncing mac