Security help ASAP please?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by potjoe, Feb 19, 2014.

1. potjoe macrumors member

Hi, can some out there help me please tonight I think I may have a security problem on my air iPad.i was on my wife's mini iPad when out of the blue we had an email from MY air iPad with lots of email address in blue i think from address book,or contacts,on my air iPad I have iCloud,gmail,and aol as email address.
    How do I sort this out and is it a security problem???.when I went to my air iPad I then had two (2) email to say my email we're return to my iPad air saying had failed But I saw the email on my wife's mini iPad.
    Can some one out there help please in easy terms (words).
    PS:There was NO pc'c or Mac's on in the house at the time.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I don't think you have any security issues on your iPad. Rather, it sounds like your email account was hacked or spoofed. Change your passwords on all your email accounts, and make sure that they are long and complex passwords. You should be fine after that.

3. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Agreed: change your passwords immediately just in case your account was breached.

But it could have nothing to do with your account. Infected computers (almost always Windows machines) send out tons if spam email with "from" information cribbed from the victim's contacts list. Do this might just mean that someone you know has an infected PC.

Safest to change your password straightaway.

4. potjoe thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for help lads

So do I just go into my mail Acc,s and put new passwords in there???.john

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes.